Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Black & White wedding photography in New York City


This couple came from Canada to get married in NYC. Originally they are from Finland. I loved working with them. They were a very nice and friendly bride and groom.

The ceremony was at the Finnish Lutheran Church, 83 Christopher St and 7th ave in Manhattan, NY. After the church we took some photos in the area - This is the gay area in the west village -. We also went to battery park; Indian American Museum in Downtown Manhattan, Brooklyn Bridge, City Hall, the Flatiron building and of course, the beautiful Central Park.

This is my newest wedding photography and the first time I take all the pictures in Black & White. You need to see them and it would help me to improve my skills if you comment on this work.

I have some of those pictures here: http://www.lupitaphotography.com/Hanna-Ville-Wedding/index.htm For more info about my work, please go to: http://www.lupitaphotography.com

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I like seeing the black and white photography and how it makes everything look more elegant.

    I like this blog format also.

    And the couple is from Finland, my relatives too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the black and white photography, it was great for a wedding. There were two photos that I thought I would love to see in color, the one beside the lake in Central Park, and especially one beneath the blooming tree.

    The NYC shots around the NYC classic locations was great. How did two Finnish folks, via Canada, know of all these places? Or did you bring them around? I love the contrast of the formal wedding wear mixed with the informal life of NYC, esp. the Brooklyn Bridge shots. This was a few days before their wedding, right?

    They are a beautiful couple and look very happy together! If they ever come back to NYC, tell me and we can go someplace Finnish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Originally they just wanted pictures from the ceremony and in the church area. I suggested to go to different places in the Big Apple and they loved the idea. Right after the ceremony we went to the different locations. The weather was great, so we really enjoyed being outdoors.

    They said they are going to make postcards for they friends and relatives.

    I used to prefer color but from now on I think I will just shoot Black & White... As a professional photographer, I will take the pictures my clients want.

    Its always a honor working with couples. I have the privilege to share with them those very special moments.

    Thanks!

    Javier

    ReplyDelete